Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Week; Come and Gone

Sunday again.

It bugs me how easy it is to be distracted and annoyed on Sundays. I believe the devil must pay double overtime to the demons on Sundays.

Today was pretty phenomenal. This whole week has been pretty great. Wednesday and Thursday I prayed prayers early in the morning that were answered before lunchtime. That'll strengthen your faith!!! God has allowed me to be faithful this week to seek His face in prayer for longer periods than I ever remember being able to pray. I thank Him so much for giving my family direction. I thank Him for giving me a Godly pastor to shepherd us. I thank God for the church that He has called us to.

This week my goals are to have our kids over for dinner and clean up my war zone (aka my house).

I am experiencing a very unpleasant case of writer's block. The past five times I have sat down to work on my manuscript, I find myself just reading through, really unable to add anything. I'm struggling with which way to take the story. It is loosely based on my life and circumstances that I have experienced. I'm not sure if I want to keep it the same as my life actually went or if I want to change the story to fit my preferences. I am also determined to add more "God" into it as well. I know now why it is called "writer's block." It feels a little bit like banging your head on a block. lol. Y'all pray.

I'm also beginning to work on our church's Christmas play. This will be the fourth year that I have written the play and I am determined to finish writing earlier and start practise earlier as well. There is no need to have a repeat performance of last year with my nerves resembling a stack of dry whispy hay. My writer's block extends to this work as well. I'm thinking that it is going to be set in the old west. Just for something different. But we'll find out when we get there.

The one area of my life that is not all "blocked up" is painting and designing our pastor's business cards. lol. Thank God it hasn't all dried up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment